Latest release (24-Jun-2015): spfirst_v165.zip
Should work on all versions of MATLAB back to 7.2 (2006):
Installation Procedure to add these files to MATLAB and update MATLAB's path:
Once the MATLABPATH is correct, you should be able to type zdrill or sindrill at the MATLAB command prompt and have a GUI start up. Also, commands like zprint will now work.
- Download the ZIP file that contains everything. It is called spfirst_vNNN.zip..
- Unzip spfirst_vNNN.zip somewhere. A good choice would be the directory: ...\MATLAB\toolbox\spfirst\. The unzip will create a bunch of subdirectories.
NOTE: use forward slash for directories on Mac or Linux.
- Then add this one directory ...\MATLAB\toolbox\spfirst\ to the MATLAB path. This can be done in MATLAB from the menu File->Set Path.
- Next, type the command spfirst at the MATLAB comand prompt. It will add the other appropriate subdirectories to the path.
- Finally, under File->Set Path, do a save of the new path.
UNinstall: Delete all the files and directories in ...\MATLAB\toolbox\spfirst\, and also manually remove the directories from MATLAB's path via File->Set Path.
|Supporting Material & Links||Description|
|Getting Started with MATLAB||2.6 Megabyte PDF file of the Reference Manual from Mathworks|
|Little Bits of MATLAB||Using MATLAB for Signal Processing (McClellan, 1997)|
|Want more?||Google "Matlab tutorial"|