Bige Deniz Unluturk
Broadband Wireless Networking Lab
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
Centergy One, Room 5158,
75 5th Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Phone: +1 404 894 6616
Fax: +1 404 894 7883
Bige Deniz was born in Ankara, Turkey, in 1989. She obtained her B.Sc. Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Middle East Technical University (METU), Ankara, Turkey in 2011. In 2013, she received her M.Sc. degree from Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Ozgur Baris Akan who was a former member of BWN.
From September 2014 until November 2014, she worked at Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland as a visiting researcher, focusing on the impacts of social behavior on bacterial chemotaxis channels for molecular communication.
Currently, she is a PhD student with the Broadband Wireless Networking Lab at Georgia Institute of Technology, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Ian F. Akyildiz.
Her current research interests are Nanoscale Communications and Molecular Communications.
Selected Honors and Awards
- National Graduate Scholarship awarded by Turkish Scientic and Technical Research Council (TUBITAK), 2011-2013.
- Super Full Scholarship awarded by Koc University, Turkey, 2011-2013.
- Graduated valedictorian from Middle East Technical University (METU). Turkey, 2011.
- Best project award from METU Senior Design Projects Competition.
- Bulent Kerim Altay prize from Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Department, METU ( Fall 2007,Spring 2008, Fall 2008,Spring 2009, Fall